Monday, May 14, 2012

walk in love

As a wife and mom I somtimes lose sight of the big picture. My husband is in a very stressful season and juggling school, work, rental property, our own household, and an internship for school. The one thing he asks of me is the very thing I struggle with to do well. It is to keep our household clean, picked up, and organized. I have an almost one year old and a three year old. How do other people do it, I wonder? When both of us are feeling exhausted and maxed out, my husband looks to our home being a place of rest and order in his chaotic world. I fail. Every single time. I push myself til I dont think I can do anymore and it goes overlooked or somtimes criticized. When that happens I feel like my heart is going to literally burst. Im crushed. Im devestated because Im trying yet Im failing. BUT, wait. Am I? Man looks at the outward,but God looks at the heart. The very core of me. He doesnt look for perfection but redemption. He looks at my sincerity and loves me at my weakest. What Im trying to say is, who are you doing it for at the end of the day? If my children or husband dont eat the meal I fix them or scowl at the mess I just cleaned up 5 minutes ago, it's okay. Because I didnt do it for them. I did it for the Lord. I did it with my best and I gave my all. That is what He is looking for. When my effort is unnoticed, I wont get hurt or offended. Why? Im not looking for approval from the eyes of men because I know I already have the approval of the one who sees my heart. . I did it in love. I can smile and embrace humility and love the people I love most. I can forgive and feed on the praise of God rather than the forgetfulness of man. Be liberated today! God has a yoke that is easy and a burden that is light. Step into His redemption today. You are attracting the eyes of heaven when you choose humility and love. It is a rare thing in the earth today.

No comments:

Post a Comment