Saturday, May 5, 2012

letter station



Ever since her grandma started sending her letters in the mail, it became a sudden interest and we suddenly started looking for the mailman, and looking for mail on a regular basis. Awhile ago, I saw an idea of a mail/letter station. In a moment of complete inspiration today I put together hers, in her current playroom. I set up stamps, a booklet of dates to remember (bdays), an address book, vintage envelopes from my father, colored pencils, a library stamp for the date, a notepad and some thank you cards and envelopes. My hope in all this, was to inspire her to write and color to keep in touch with loved ones, but also to fuel her creativity. I am a big fan of learning spaces. I want my home to be inviting to kids to explore and create and use their imaginations and to be a spring board to learn and grow. I feel like our playroom is shifting into this big school room which is ironic because I always wanted to be a teacher. If you're a parent you're already a teacher. I love that learning and fun can begin at any age. The next post will be about her transformations to her new playroom. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment