Thursday, November 17, 2011

The heart of it all

There's nothing like a heart attack to wake one up. My father had one 2 weeks ago and the doctors were amazed that he had survived. All 4 major arteries leading to the heart were either 80% to 99% clogged and he had made several trips to Colorado this year hiking up mountains, breathing thin air and working hard. He is a living miracle. He used to just want to sleep whenever he had spare time ... apparently a result of not getting enough blood supply to his heart and brain. After his quadruple bypass this past week, he's finally home and recovering. It's been hard not to tell jokes (I swear thats his love language) because they literally sawed open his rib cage/sternum and had to sew it shut with wire. Any laughing is excruciatingly painful. Every  time I look at him I am amazed he's still here with us. It is like I'm living through the greatest miracle....my dad is alive. God is so merciful! His mercies are new every morning ...Great is His Faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment