Friday, September 24, 2010

day in the backyard












What a beautiful day! I thought it appropriate to play outside and get some fresh air. We've been cooped up inside lately since the weather has been so atrociously hot and miserable. It's amazing how refreshed and energized pulling weeds and mowing the grass can make you feel. There was a cool breeze and the sun was shining, birds were singing, butterflies flying around us as we played outside and kicked the soccer ball around. Almost one of those surreal days you want to push the pause button on. And who can resist a game of hide and seek with a toddler?
Lately we've been having so much fun with peg people. They're cheap, easy to paint, and throw a paper mache house in to make a complete set. It entertains us for a long time. Also, some slate boards and chalk help pass the time. It reminds me of playing pioneer school as a child. My husbands kids that I play with Edens toys more than she does. Then I found my little girl sitting and quietly reading in the corner of our music/office/sewing/library room. Yeah, I know!! Maybe playing so hard outside made her want to have quiet time. By the way, the blue walls? they were like that when we moved in and it needs some new paint. Anyhow, just a peak into our day. Have a lovely fall weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment